A Flavor Fave Ready to ParTAYE
Vanilla pudding offers a canvas for adornment; fresh fruit, jams, fountain sauces, crushed cookies—so much love on a vanilla pillow!
And malted milk powder brings extra joy and remembrance!
- sugar – ⅓ cup
- cornstarch – 4 TBS
- agar – 1/2 tsp [or gelatin]
- malted milk powder – 3 TBS [opt., find at supermarket]
- salt – ⅛ tsp
- yolks – 2 large
- milk – 2-¼ cups, whole or thick plant based milk
- butter – 1 TBS
- vanilla – 1½ tsp
- In a medium pot combine the sugar, cornstarch, agar, salt, yolks, and malted milk powder [if using]
- Add 1/4 cup of the milk and whisk into dry mix to dissolve; then add remaining milk
- Cook over medium low heat and stir occasionally until bubbling, then maintain a gentle simmer for a minute
- Remove from heat and add butter, and vanilla
- Cool to room temperature, then chill
Eggnilla Puddin with Banana, Nutmeg, and Walnuts [a hint of eggnog]
3 thoughts on “Nilla Puddin”
The Eggnilla Puddin variation could be big recipe in some famous cookbook or restaurant!
Super creamy and thick using all half-n-half