Tropical Drink Goes Pudding!
I’ve been giving stodgy desserts a facelift using simple pantry items, and now cross pollinating some with my bar. You will also love my Cider Whiskey Puddin.
For this recipe I am the proud gardening parent of fresh pineapples here in central Florida. I pulled out my trusty blender and made nectar and then put the tropical twist to it. You’re gonna love this dessert!
- pineapple puree or nectar – 1 1/2 cups
- coconut cream – 1/2 cup, or coconut milk [not light]
- sugar – 2 TBS
- salt – 1/8 tsp
- turmeric – 1/8 tsp
- lime juice – 3 TBS, freshly squeezed
- nutmeg – 1/8 tsp, and/or cardamom
- corn starch – 2 TBS
- agar – 1/2 tsp
- 3 TBS rum
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- Greek style yogurt
- Toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- Maraschino cherry
- Toasted coconut shreds
- If using whole pineapple, purée in a high speed blender. It can have some fiber remaining, no need to use sieve unless your blender is not up to a good purée.
- While still in the blender, add all the remaining ingredients except the rum and pineapple chunks. Whir a bit until blended.
- Bring puddin to a simmer under medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer for about a minute.
- Off heat, add the rum.
- Pour the hot mixture into a serving bowl or individual dishes. While still warm, arrange the pineapple chunks, then slightly push them into the pudding.
- Bring to room temperature, then thoroughly chill; a couple hours.
2 thoughts on “Piña Colada Puddin”