Make Lemonade Out of Lemons, Or Make Lemonade Puddin Out of Lemonade
I’ve been diving into all things pudding during this time of covid. I might just be lucky to take some lemonade and my standard dry puddin mix to create this surprise with a lemony, curd quality.
I had a partial bottle of organic lemonade from Trader Joe’s. It was forever in my fridge. It became fair game in my pudding quests. Wow! Spot on! I added extra sweet-sour and turmeric powder for color to make this pudding light up!
- lemonade – 1 1/2 cups
- oat milk – 1/2 cup, or half-n-half or other thick, bodied milk
- rice vinegar – 2 TBS
- sugar – 2 TBS
- agar – 1/2 tsp
- salt – 1/8 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- corn starch – 3 TBS, or tapioca flour
- ginger powder – 1/2 ts.
GARNISH: candied ginger
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small pot
- Slowly whisk in a half cup of wet ingredients to dissolve the dry mix; then add the rest
- Bring just to the simmer
- Whisk into a serving bowl or individual serving cups
- If adding a topping; carefully display them on top of the pudding
- Cool to room temperature; then refrigerate for a few hours
Pour into a bowl or individual bowls. Cool to room temperature, then chill .
ONTO OTHER PUDDINS!
© 2021 Bill Hettig