Quick, Sturdy and Top Shelf – These Cookies are Classics
For those who don’t like to bake, use rolling pins, sifters, nor fuss with cookie cutters, these drop cookies are entry level baking greatness!
If you use almond flour it is a quick and easy batch making pleasure.
RECIPE: Makes 16 to 20
- almonds*- raw, 2 cups
- rolled oats- 1 cup
- cinnamon- 1/4 tsp
- salt- 1/8 tsp
- maple syrup- 1/3 cup
- vegetable oil- 1/4 cup, bland
- almond extract- 1/4 tsp
- water- if needed to form a soft dough
- raspberry jam- to fill each cookie, or other jam
NOTE: If using almond flour, you do not need to add water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor pulse almonds and oatmeal into a fine meal. Texture is done when a few small balls begin to appear while processing.
- In a large bowl mix the meal, cinnamon, salt, syrup, oil, and almond extract.
- Add just enough water to form a medium-soft dough.
- Keeping your fingers moist form walnut sized balls. Place on cookie sheet and slightly flatten. They will not spread. Make a thumbprint atop each cookie.
- Fill each indent with jam.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes—until golden with a few brown spots. The brown spots are pure flavor.