Quick, Sturdy and Top Shelf – These Cookies are Classics
For those who don’t like to bake, use rolling pins, sifters, nor fuss with cookie cutters, these drop cookies are entry level baking greatness!
RECIPE: Makes 16 to 20
- almonds- raw, 2 cups
- rolled oats- 1 cup
- cinnamon- 1/4 tsp
- salt- 1/8 tsp
- maple syrup- 1/3 cup
- vegetable oil- 1/4 cup, bland
- almond extract- 1/4 tsp
- water- enough to form dough
- raspberry jam- to fill each cookie, or other jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor pulse almonds and oatmeal into a fine meal. Texture is done when a few small balls begin to appear while processing.
- In a large bowl mix the meal, cinnamon, salt, syrup, oil, and almond extract.
- Add just enough water to form a medium-soft dough.
- Keeping your fingers moist form walnut sized balls. Place on cookie sheet and slightly flatten. They will not spread. Make a thumbprint atop each cookie.
- Fill each indent with jam.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes—until golden with a few brown spots. The brown spots are pure flavor.