This Twenty-Year-Old Recipe Never Fails
If you like creamy dips which can turn into a dressing, and a unique appetizer salad, this is one for the ages.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 3 cups
- mayonnaise – 2 cups
- sour cream – 1 cup [or cottage cheese]
- garlic, fresh – 4 tsp (4 med.), finely minced or pressed
- parmesan cheese – 1 cup, (1 oz.), grated
- anchovies – 4 (2 tsp), minced into a paste
- parsley, fresh – 2 TBS, minced
- lemon juice – 2 TBS
- salt – 1/4 tsp
- pepper – 1/4 tsp
1 Combine all in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or more.
2 Serve with veggie sticks, crackers, and romaine lettuce ribs..
Build-Upon Recipe: Caesar Salad Dip with Lettuce Rosette
This is my super cool appetizer/salad course: Place dip in a bowl with straight sides. Trim hearts of romaine leaves to crudité size and stick into the dip to form a rosette. Serve with guests pulling out leaves already coated.
Build-Upon Recipe: Caesar style dressing
Thin the dip with milk.
-Recipe origin: America’s Test Kitchen 2002