One of my cooking assistants keeps claiming this is the best cookie he ever tasted. I made a batch as I needed to photograph and get it up here, so I’m on this! This is a flourless and coconut-less wonder. Bonus! now that almond flour is readily available, a batch of these can be whipped up in no time.
One Luxe Cookie
Makes about 16 cookies
INGREDIENTS: Use blanched, or whole almonds, or almond flour
- almonds, blanched- 1 cup or almond flour
- almonds, blanched- additional to top each cookie
- sugar-1/2 cup, [or up to 2/3 cup for the original super sweet version
- salt- 1/4 tsp.
- egg white- 1 large
- almond extract- 1/4 tsp.
INSTRUCTIONS: If you have almond flour, skip using food processor and combine flour and sugar in a bowl.
- In a food processor combine 1 cup almonds and sugar to a fine grind.
- Add salt, egg white, and almond extract, then thoroughly mix.
- Divide dough into 14-16 walnut-sized balls and place 2” apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment or lightly oiled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slightly flatten and press almond or almond pieces onto each cookie.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until just golden on top. Stay close by as they begin to brown. You want a noticeable color for best flavor.
Original recipe source