One of my cooking assistants keeps claiming this is the best cookie he ever tasted. We last made them about 15 years ago. I’m glad he told me one more time!
This is a flourless and coconut-less wonder. Bonus! Now that almond flour is readily available, a batch of these can be whipped up in no time.
One Luxe Cookie
Makes 10-12 cookies
INGREDIENTS: Use blanched, or whole almonds, or almond flour
- almonds, blanched- 1 cup or almond flour
- almonds, slices- to top each cookie
- sugar-1/2 cup
- salt- 1/4 tsp.
- egg white- 1 large
- almond extract- 1/4 tsp.
- vegetable oil- 1/2 TBS.
INSTRUCTIONS: If you have almond flour, skip using food processor and combine flour and sugar in a bowl.
- In a food processor combine 1 cup almonds and sugar to a fine grind.
- Add salt, egg white, almond extract, and oil, then thoroughly mix until a wet dough is formed.
- Divide dough into scant 1 TBS. balls and place slightly apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment or lightly oiled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slightly flatten and press sliced almonds atop each cookie.
- Bake about 15 minutes until just golden on top. Stay close by as they begin to brown. You want a noticeable color for best flavor.
Lemon Curd Poppy Seed Macaroons
Add 1 TBS. poppy seeds to the mixture. Instead of topping with almond slices, make a thumbprint indentation and spoon in lemon curd. Also fun with any jam or preserves. – Recipe by B. Hettig
Original recipe source