Southeast Asians Love Unripened Papaya Salad. Try This Vegan Version.
- garlic- 1 large
- salt- 1⁄4 tsp
- peanuts- 1 TBS
- chilies- sliced
- sugar- 1 ⁄2 tsp
- lime juice- 2 TBS
- Worcestershire- 1 TBS +
- grape tomatoes- 8, coarsely chopped
- carrots, cooked green beans, jicama, or daikon -1/2 pound, julienne strips
- papaya, green- 1 small, thin julienne strips
roasted peanuts and lime wedges
- Blend or pound garlic, salt, peanuts, chilies, and sugar into a paste.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in lime juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Lightly crush tomatoes then add to bowl along with carrots and toss. [The photo shows blanched green beans. Enjoy any variety of crisp-tender veggies.]
- Peel and coarsely grate or julienne papaya.
- Add papaya to bowl and lightly toss. Taste for seasoning.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and serve with lime wedges.