These Cookies Yield a Crispy Texture with Easy-Peasy Instructions
RECIPE: Makes about 30
- pecans, 1 cup, chopped
- flour, pastry, 1-1/4 cups, [whole wheat is good]
- rolled oats, 1-1/4 cups
- salt, 1/2 tsp
- maple syrup, 1/4 cup
- vegetable oil, bland, 1/2 cup
- rice vinegar, 1 tsp
- vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil the cookie sheets.
- Roast the pecans for 6 minutes, then chop and mix with flour, rolled oats, and salt.
- Combine the wet ingredients then add to the dry. Do not over mix.
- Place rounded teaspoons of batter spaced on a cookie sheet. Flatten them with spoon, as they will not spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes on top rack until golden.
Recipe adapted, original by Jeff Woodward