These Vegan Cookies Yield a Crispy Texture With a Great Pecan-Maple Finish
RECIPE: Makes about 20
- maple syrup- 1/3 cup
- vegetable oil- bland, 1/2 cup
- rice vinegar- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- pecans, 1 cup- chopped
- flour, pastry- 1-1/4 cups, [whole wheat is good]
- rolled oats- 1-1/4 cups
- salt- 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil the cookie sheets.
- Roast the pecans for 6 minutes, then chop and mix with flour, rolled oats, and salt.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients then add to the dry and mix well.
- Place rounded tablespoons of batter on a oiled cookie sheet. Flatten them with spoon, as they will not spread.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes on top rack or until golden.
Recipe adapted, original by Jeff Woodward