This recipe produced the tastiest chicken with the least of amount of time and ingredients I ever came across. There is a deep satisfying communion of simple ingredients. Trust me on this one!
INGREDIENTS Serves 6-8
- chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, 6
- mayonnaise, 3/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese, 6 TBS
- *Panko breadcrumbs, 6 tsp
- Italian herb blend, 2 tsp
*Panko are Japanese breadcrumbs that are extra crispy. Also considered seasoned, toasted breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken with herb blend. If blend does not contain salt, then salt liberally at this time.
- Combine mayo & cheese.
- Lay chicken on lightly oiled foil. Spread on just the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165º F.
Vegetarian Spin: Use marinated tofu cutlets or a cauliflower cut into individual “steaks.”