This recipe produced the tastiest chicken with the least of amount of time and ingredients I ever came across. There is a deep satisfying communion of simple ingredients. Trust me on this one!
INGREDIENTS Serves 6-8 Easily adjusted for more or less diners
If you prefer dark meat, trim boneless, skinless thighs and arrange on an oiled baking pan so they are roughly the same thickness. You can slice/pound the meat to make more consistent in thickness. The mayo topping will hide much of your knife work.
- chicken breast halves – 6
- mayonnaise – 3/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese – 6 TBS
- *Panko bread crumbs – 6 tsp
- Italian herb blend – 2 tsp
*Panko are Japanese breadcrumbs that are extra crispy. Also consider seasoned, toasted breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Season chicken with herb blend. If blend does not contain salt, then salt liberally at this time
- Combine mayo & cheese
- Lay chicken on lightly oiled foil. Spread mayo mixture on just the top of the breasts
- Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165º F
- You might like to place under broiler for a couple minutes toward the end of cooking to brown the bread crumbs
Vegetarian Spin: Use marinated tofu cutlets or a cauliflower cut into individual “steaks”