Nothin’ Like A Chewy Oatmeal Cookie
MAKES ABOUT 18 COOKIES
This cookie has a classic balance of texture, sweetness, and richness. Lots of fiber with the oats and flax seed! Eat one or two and you will be sated! Great with a cuppa.
- butter- 6 TBS., room temperature
- sugar, light brown- 1/2 cup [or more to taste]
- egg- 1
- vanilla- 1 tsp.
- flour- 1/3 cup
- oats, rolled- 1-1/3 cups
- baking powder- 1/4 tsp.
- baking soda- 1/4 tsp.
- salt- 1/4 tsp.
- raisins- 3/4 cup
- flax seeds- 1/4 cup
- In a tall bowl, combine the butter and sugar and using a hand mixer, combine until creamy, a few minutes
- Add in the egg and vanilla; mix for 30 seconds
- In another bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet until well combined
- Gather 2 tablespoons of batter and drop onto a greased baking sheet. [I like to use silpat silicon sheets, or parchment paper.] Flatten to about 1/4 inch thick
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving them onto a wire rack to further cool
ALTERNATIVE: Oatmeal Chocolate Coconut Cookie
Change up the 3/4 cup of raisins to include any proportion of raisins, chopped bittersweet baking chocolate, and sweetened coconut
One thought on “Oatmeal Cookies”
Wow, the chocolate, raisin, coconut mix is over the moon