A CREAMY Bowl Of Veggie Soup
I’m ever in the hunt to add veggies to meals. Cauliflower cooked lightly with these few ingredients makes for a deluxe soup.
- butter: 2 TBS
- onion: 2 cups, diced
- celery: 1 cup, diced
- milk: 2 cups or [milk substitute]
- broth: 3 cups, chicken [or veggie]
- cauliflower: 6 cups, chopped
- salt: 1 tsp
- pepper: 1⁄2 tsp
- mustard: Dijon, 2 tsp
- cheddar cheese: 4 oz, grated
- parsley, chives, or fresh herb to garnish
INSTRUCTIONS: For this batch I substituted coconut beverage for both the milk and the broth. I made the broth using 2 TBS of white miso and 3 cups coconut beverage
- In a large pot, soften the onion and celery in butter; do not brown.
- Add milk, broth, cauliflower, salt, pepper, and mustard then bring to a simmer.
- Cook until cauliflower is tender; 20-25 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove 4 cups of veggies.
- Cool remaining soup slightly and puree, then pour back into pot and add the reserved veggies.
- Reheat the soup and add in the cheese and stir to melt.
- Add in the herb garnish and serve.
VEGETARIAN RECIPE: Substitute coconut oil or neutral oil for the butter and omit the cheese.