Nothin’ Like A Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
This cookie has a classic balance of texture, sweetness, and richness. Lots of fiber with the oats and flax seed! Eat one or two and you will be sated! Great with a cuppa.
- butter- 6 TBS., room temperature
- sugar, light brown- 1/2 cup [or more to taste]
- egg- 1
- vanilla- 1 tsp.
- flour- 1/3 cup
- oats, rolled- 1-1/3 cups
- baking powder- 1/4 tsp.
- baking soda- 1/4 tsp.
- salt- 1/4 tsp.
- raisins- 3/4 cup
- flax seeds- 1/4 cup
- In a tall bowl, combine the butter and sugar and using a hand mixer, combine until creamy, a few minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla; mix for 30 seconds.
- In another bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet until well combined.
- Use rounded tablespoons of mix and spoon onto a greased baking sheet. I like to use silpat silicon sheets, or parchment paper. The cookie will not slump much, leave about a half-inch of space between cookies. You do not need to flatten them.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving them onto a wire rack to further cool.