Create A Meaty, Textured Tofu
Roasting torn chunks of tofu is a welcomed way to build texture. The prep time is nil: press a block of tofu in your hands and tear into chunks. Coat in spices and toss in the oven to yield a tasty protein. Combine wherever meat can go.
- firm tofu – 1 block, hand pressed, torn into 1-inch chunks
- coriander – 2 tsp, ground
- red pepper flakes – 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground – 1/2 tsp
- smoked paprika – 2 tsp
- salt – 1 tsp
- olive oil – 3 TBS
- Press tofu block between your open hands, slowly increasing the pressure to release as much liquid as possible. Then tear into roughly 1-inch chunks and place in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the coriander, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, smoked paprika and salt and coat the tofu pieces evenly. Then toss with olive oil.
- Place the tofu on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for about 25 minutes. Toss the tofu once halfway through.
- Serve hot or refrigerate and use later in other dishes.
– Recipe altered and based on original by Chris Morocco